The fifth OCIS builds on previous successful conferences held in Australia (ANU 2004, Melbourne 2006, University of Queensland 2008) and New Zealand (University of Auckland and Victoria University 2010), and brings Oceanias largest conference on International Relations and International Studies to Sydney. The conference brings together the growing number of researchers in Australia and the region working on International Studies.
OCIS V is a general conference that will address a wide range of themes including:
• Asia Pacific Issues
• Gender and Feminism
• Global Governance, International Law and International Society
• International History, Diplomacy and Foreign Policy
• International Political Economy
• International Relations Theory and Methods
• International Security
• Justice and Rights, Normative Theory and International Ethics
• North-South Relations
• Peace and Conflict
• Post-colonialism and Indigenous Rights
• Regions and Regionalism
Papers and panels need not be limited to the themes identified here. Participants are also invited to submit panel or paper proposals presenting original research on any topic in International Studies.