The OCIS 2020 organising committee is dedicated to providing access for Early Career Researchers (ECRs) to attend the conference, and opportunities that enrich their conference experience.
ECRs are defined as those who are in the final year of their PhD, or are within 5 years of graduating from their PhD.
The opportunities available to ECRs at OCIS 2020 include:
- Reception for First Books by Early Career Researchers – see details below
- ECR Women Mentoring Workshop – see details below
- Prize for Best PhD Paper – see details on the prizes page
- Early Career Researcher (ECR) Travel Bursary – see details on the travel bursaries page
- Higher Degree Research (HDR) Travel Bursary – see details on the travel bursaries page
Reception for First Books by Early Career Researchers
Continuing the excellent tradition started at OCIS 2016, a reception to honour first books by Early Career Researchers will be hosted at OCIS 2020. Books featured as part of this reception should meet the following criteria:
- This is the author’s first book
- The book is single authored
- The book was published after 1 January 2018
- The author will provide a hard copy of the book to be displayed at the conference (this copy will be returned to the author)
To nominate your book to be featured as part of the reception, please email OCIS2020@anu.edu.au by 30 March 2020 with the following details:
- Author name & academic institution
- Book title, date of publication, and publisher
- Link to book website (if available)
ECR Women Mentoring Workshop
A Mentoring Workshop for ECR Women will take place prior to the start of OCIS 2020. The Workshop will run from the afternoon of Sunday 28 June to the morning of Monday 29 June, concluding in time for the OSIS 2020 conference commencement.
Registration to participate in the Workshop is free but places are limited.
Information about how to apply for the Workshop will be circulated in February 2020 together with the notification of acceptance of proposals for conference papers and panels.
If you have any questions in the meantime please contact the workshop convenors:
Helen Berents – firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Shepherd – email@example.com